Sunday, May 8, 2011

The prep



Someone once told me that moving is one of the most stressful things in life...followed by divorce. I don't know if it's true (probably not), but it sure feels like my head is going to explode some days. Ever since I got the email from Dan, "OUR CSP IS APPROVED!!!", there are moments when I just want to sit down and refuse to even think about all the things I have to do. Moving, alone, is hard, but moving overseas, with three kids, and my husband not here, is HARD. I always complain to Dan that he doesn't do enough to help, but when he's gone, I realize that's not quite the truth. He does A LOT around the house!
Right now, I'm sorting our things that will be going WITH us to Korea and into storage. I feel like I have been purging and organizing since last October when we got word we would be going, but seriously? We have a ton of junk in this house. A lot of things that we don't use and really won't use anytime in the near future and I just don't feel like putting in storage. I can imagine when we get our things, in January 2013, or May 2013, I will realize that I have lived without these things for two years and get rid of even more stuff.
They came to get our unaccompanied baggage three days ago and I have another 8 days until the main bunch of packers/movers come. There's still a lot to do and I still have to work on the house so we can rent it out. We finally decided on a property manager and I pray that the house doesn't sit empty for too long. I can't stress about THAT right now, because really there is not much we can do about other than to have it as presentable as possible
I'll add a few pictures of the process of sorting/purging/organizing...I swear the house doesn't usually look like this.





Ok...so I don't know how to move the pictures...yet, and I don't know how to delete pictures I put on here (that don't belong). Let's just all agree that it ain't pretty, this moving process.

No comments:

Post a Comment