Thursday, June 9, 2011

2nd week in Korea

The past weekend, we decided to take the train from our station here (Jihaeng) to the one right outside Camp Casey (Bosan?)...it was pretty interesting. We had a few hiccups, but that's to be expected. We figured it out and all was well. The girls thought it was cool. We walked around post for a bit and then hurried back because the water delivery guy was bringing our water and then they were delivering our new TV stand! It was all pretty exciting for a Sunday.
Dan was back to work on Monday, but had to come get us to finish up a few things on post. Early Tuesday morning, he had to go to work...they have tank gunnery going on right now and he's transitioning from the Brigade Training Officer (?) to 1/72 Battalion S3. He's been able to call and text a few times and we might get to see him this weekend for a bit. That would be really nice since it's my birthday!
I drove on post, by myself (with the girls), to run a few errands yesterday. I was pretty nervous, and killed it a few times, but everything ended up being OK. I was so happy to be able to get out and do things for myself...I didn't get lost (I might have had to turn around a few times), and remembered more than I thought I might!

Today, the girls and I decided to walk around. We took a different route to New City and found a few fun things. The older two don't really like to 'walk', but I enticed them by saying there was a craft store I wanted to find. I knew it was by Chicago Dentist (where we'll go), and in the same building as Dunkin Donuts. Like everything in this country so far, I know I've seen things, but don't necessarily know how to find it again. So, we walked around the Chicago Dentist block a few times before I saw the sign for Alpha craft store, but we found it and it's actually on 'our' side of New City and easy to get to!


Dan's back at work and, in fact, in the field for three days now. BOO! Isn't there a rule somewhere that states you are not allowed to dump your wife and three kids in a foreign country and then go play on tanks? Granted, he *was* a little giddy about it, from talking to him, he's not getting to play as much as he'd like. Poor Dan.:-/
The girls and I have just been exploring. They don't like the walking bit, but I LOVE it! I love seeing everything and it seems like every time we go out, I see something new. It's great! I just wish I had my BOB stroller because the sidewalks are bumpy, with bricks, and there aren't always smooth transitions from the sidewalk to the street. Some of them even turn and are slanted at the same time so that I almost tip the stroller if I don't do some handy manuevering. I've taken the girls to the park here...


WOW...see? I really shouldn't be doing a blog. I can't finish my thoughts. I did that...oh, a week or so ago and now, it's a week later! I don't even remember the sequence of things or where my thoughts were going with that. I'm just so thankful blogger automatically saves my drafts so I don't lose anything that I've saved.
I might have to just do another photobucket or flikr account so I can post all of my pictures.
I like to post pictures to facebook for our family and friends to see, but I feel like I'm shoving it down everyone else's throats. Where's the happy medium? If I don't post anything for a while, I get emails saying they want more, but then I feel like I'm 'that' person that won't shut the heck up!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment