Saturday, July 9, 2011

Dan's gone...then he's back...then he's gone again...and so on and so on...

It's becoming a theme here...already. We've been very positive about it because, quite frankly, he could be getting shot at in the mountains of Afghanistan, but it still stinks. He's been home just two weeks(?) since we've been here. This past field problem, was last minute, and if you ask me, REALLY unfair (that they chose him to be the MAJ to go). I actually think it's a nice break for him though. I can tell a difference in his attitude because he's dealing with the Koreans instead of other people...he normally has to deal with. We do get to talk and text frequently. He should be home Thursday night (14th) and then have a four day. He was gone last week Tuesday (5th) and came home the evening of Friday, the 8th. He's also supposed to go out again the 25th(?) thru the 29th again. I keep telling him it would be like this ALL OF THE TIME, if we were living in Yongsan (like so many MAJ's wives do and ALL the higher ups). So, you take what you can get.
It was a great and relaxing weekend. The girls were so happy to see him! We just took it easy yesterday, but did decide to take a walk. I had bought a Kelty kid carrier from someone on a flea market facebook page. It turned out to be a commander in Dan's unit (1/72), so it was fun to meet him. It is kind of concerning me, though, that the people I meet, that work with Dan, are kind of afraid of him. They tell me he's a good guy, but their voices always raise when they say that...I guess I shouldn't worry as long as he's nice to me?haha:)
Anyhow, Dan wanted to try this thing out, and off we went! I can track our distance and time with an app on my iPhone, and we ended up walking almost 3 miles. Dan said the carrier was comfortable, but Libby IS 26 pounds, and the carrier is another 3 or so...so it adds up after a while. She was happy in it until the end, but we were gone for an hour (we stopped at a few shops as well), so I think it would be great to take on trips. We want to climb Soyason(oh gosh...I can't remember the spelling!), and there's a lot of stairs, I've heard.
I think I've found a babysitter. I haven't really called her to meet the girls, but I think I will this week. Just for an hour,and then test her out again while Dan and I go either on post or up the street to grab something to eat. I PRAY she works out! It would be so fun to, just Dan and me, grab a train and spend an evening in Seoul.

On the way out...in front of our apartment building.

Jihaeng train station.

Not an uncommon sight here...old people passed out on benches. Dan says they're all drunk from Soju. We actually, on accident, woke him up!

Dan and the girls in front of the train station. We have to walk under it to get to all the shops. Does Dan look tired? This is about mile 2 and a half.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment